Thursday, April 9, 2009

Now I'm officially rated XXX!

Last year, I posted a story on the 30th anniversary of the beginning of my post-college career. In the middle of the story I told of the time I was working for BEA Systems. After I was laid off from BEA I went back to NCR. My service clock with NCR was restarted where it was when I was sold to BEA. When NCR spun Teradata off to be its own company, our years of service with NCR/AT&T/NCR went with us.

Today is the effective 30th anniversary of my starting work at Teradata! I'll get a new lapel pin with 30 (in Roman numerals, just like the Super Bowl!) on it!

I've never had the opportunity to wear any of my V, X, XV, XX or XXV lapel pins. I get another trinket to put in my souvenirs box.

8 comments:

P-Doobie said...

Super Chuckie! Way to go! I have two service pins from LANL/UC kicking around somewhere. Obviously they are very important to both of us.

Shoe said...

Congratulations!

That's exxxcellent!

BobbieS53 said...

Wow! That is impressive. I, too, have a few UC pins. At least UC put real sapphires on the pins, LANS/LANL uses fake ones and the pins are large and tasteless...Hey! A photo op to post pictures of service anniversary pins! Congratulations on yours!

MrBears said...

So that's what was in that box. OOOPS!

But there's now room to start a new box.

Whaa ha ha
the mad cleaner!

Poss said...

Way to go, Chuckie! Do I recall you not wanting to take a road trip to CA with me 30+ years ago, and you said that you didn't want to go because it was going to fall into the ocean?
BTW, I am just 13 months from a 25 year VA(Federal)pin. I have to get my readers out to see what all the others say.

RetroMag said...

Congratulations! Thirty years in more or less the same company is quite an accomplishment. I never did work at one plce long enough to get a pin.

Colleen said...

Congrats, Chuck. At the end of April I will have worked for Harvar for 30 years. Where does the time go?
My word verification is "rithrum." I got rithrum, I guess.

Anonymous said...

So did you actually get an XXX pin? I am asking because my NCR 30th was October 2008, and I did not get one. My manager says he does not have one. I am taking the early out.