Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gadgetmania

Jerry and I have joined the 21st Century.  We got new cellphones!



We got Droids. Now we are never without phones. Or email. Or the web.

I was going to try to post this from my car at lunch today but I'm not good at typing on the tiny keyboards yet.

It's got GPS and can navigate using Google Maps. I had it guide me home from work yesterday. When you reach your destination it switches from the map to Google's street view. I found out that they've got a close-up of our house now.


View Larger Map

Their notion of our address is kind of off.

The picture was taken after our flood and shortly after the bike race (if you move to the left you'll see mud on the road from the truck that got stuck in the muck).

But all this is beside the point.

We have a very comprehensive phone plan now. We have unlimited data use. And unlimited text and picture messages. The use of the phone isn't unlimited but we've got a lot more time than we had before and we never went over our plan's time. We need to talk more.

So text away! Email is pretty much instant, too.

It's powered by Google's Android operating system. To get full use of it we needed to get Google's gmail email accounts. I'll be sending our my new email address soon. The old addresses still work but if you use the gmail address I'll be notified of new mail almost instantly. The others might have a 15 minute lag.

Keep in touch. We're never out of reach now.

2 comments:

RetroMag said...

Am I mistaken or is this the same person who resisted getting a cell phone for so long?

And I still don't know how to access my missed messages!

BobbieS53 said...

I want a Droid! Maybe I'll just break down and get one! I am disappointed with my Palm...I enjoyed our text chat!