Sunday, February 14, 2010

See der waxwing?

This morning I was mixing up a can of orange juice. As I was filling the can with water I happened to notice that the birdbath was completely filled with some very handsome birds I had never seen before. Suddenly, the birds all took off and there was an empty birdbath. Then, just as suddenly, it was filled again with another batch of birds.

The birds turned out to be cedar waxwings. Their diet is supposed to be mainly berries so I don't know why they're hanging around these parts.

They just kept coming and going. I got out my trusty Kodak EasyShare Z740 and made a movie.

The movie isn't terribly clear but you get an idea of what we saw.


Here's a picture of them at another birdbath.

Our birdbaths give us a lot of entertainment.

6 comments:

Shoe said...

Very handsome birds, indeed! Thanks for sharing!

P-Doobie said...

I've seen a couple Cedar Waxwings at Canyon de Chelly. They are really pretty birds.

RetroMag said...

Fascinating! How long did this coming and going go on?

Colleen said...

They must have come down from Canada to sample Jerry's cooking.

Chuckbert said...

They kept reappearing at the birdbaths for maybe two hours.

I miss them.

BobbieS53 said...

Very cool. Wish I had been there!