Monday, December 1, 2008

MLM: Who?

One day at college I got the following certificate in my mailbox.


I don't know who nominated me, what meritorious accomplishments I achieved, nor who voted to include me. But, gosh, I was elected to Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges! Once again my name was misspelled so I'm not sure that it really counts.

I passed up the opportunity to buy a copy of the book that included my (misspelled) name. I haven't regretted that decision for a moment. I could have submitted a biography (for a fee) but I passed on that opportunity, too. I could have included this honor on my resume but I forgot to.

I wonder who does the fact checking on the biographies the honorees submit for themselves.

2 comments:

Poss said...

nice work! I never got my name in such a book

Colleen said...

Hey, Harvard only has the 1980 edition, so I can't check it for you.