Friday, December 5, 2008

Time Flies

I've got to get a life. Here, already, are the next 100 glimpses of our lives.

We have Christmas, 1959, followed by a single slide of Jack in his skivvies on a hunting trip, followed by Christmas, 1960.

I love the matching jammies my sisters got to wear (but I don't see how they could have slept with all that glare). The Christmas 1959 pictures were overexposed. I tried to fix them up but you can do only so much tweaking before the dust on the slides becomes the main feature.

The next Christmas we all have matching jammy bottoms.

Then we're off to Dayton, Ohio. Was that trip the only time I've ever seen fireflies? Or was that some other time?

The last series of pictures in this batch has us clowning around. That seems strange. What happened that made that kind of behavior unacceptable? The pink isn't my fault...I guess Jack got some bargain film. Maybe I should have turned them into black and white.

Update: I decided to change the pink pictures to black and white.  I'm thinking that the film was monochrome but somehow the processor made them pink.  The final pictures don't look like they came from faded color originals.

Carousel-05

6 comments:

Shoe said...

The horsing around pictures were a delight! Especially after the long faces in the summertime pix just before.

Again, many thanks!

BobbieS53 said...

Yep, p-doobie didn't look too pleased in several. I'd forgotten so much about the pictures. I love them! I think the Ohio family would love to see those slides, too.

Shoe said...

I have a theory about the horsing around. Since the images came out pink, I betcha Jack knew the film might be bad, so he let you guys "waste" it by goofing. Too bad he didn't realize those were the best pix of the bunch!

P-Doobie said...

We did a lot on the way to and from Ohio and in Dayton. I wonder why Jack didn't take pictures of the baseball game that Cousin John played in, the zoo, the yard and gardens, or anything else from the trip. We stopped in Emporia and slept in sleeping bags on the floor.

I remember that I was in considerable pain during that trip--I think it may have been sciatica.

Poss said...

I think that we drove Gram out to Kansas with us, and had Candy, who had gas,... Right Bobbie? We did alot and then drove home from Ohio in one day, stopping for really good catfish somewhere. Dad took some little pills to keep awake, and I never got to sleep on the way home, since I don't sleep in cars.
Anyway, we were cute. We were getting to the age that no one wants to pose or line up and smile d....
Thanks again, my really super cute brother!

Shoe said...

They do look better in B&W. Thanks for re-doing them. I just love those pictures!