Sunday, July 25, 2010

It was a walk in the park

Today, instead of doing laundry and other chores, Jerry and I got some fresh air in some local parks. I lugged my camera with me.

Kit Carson Park
Our first stop was Kit Carson Park.

We got to see a snake.
It no longer holds a swing. Maybe too many kids crashed into the snake's body.

There were trees with pretty blossoms.

There were wildflowers.

And there was Queen Califia's Magic Circle. This is the only American sculpture garden by Niki de Saint Phalle.

The approach to the Magic Circle.

The entrance through the Snake Wall.

Some views of Queen Califia and the Eagle Throne.


Some of the Totems with more of the Snake Wall in the backgrounds.





Why haven't any of our visitors seen this? I guess to leave something for their next visits.

Next stop on the walk: Coming Soon!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I liked Nikki's hat, too.

Shoe said...

Awesome! Gotta see it!

RetroMag said...

Very imaginative. Is this the first time you've beenthere?

Chuckbert said...

Been there several times before.