Sunday, June 12, 2011

Satan's Sixes Sunday

Time for some mirth.

Long ago, I clipped comic strips from the newspaper and posted them at my cubicle doorway. I posted "The Far Side" every day. Occasionally, the comics included some 666-ness. Of course, those also made an appearance.

Here are the comics I have in my 666 folder.

This first one is from March, 1986. This is the oldest item I've found in my collection that has a date on it. It's older than my oldest receipt by more than seven months.
Mother Goose & Grimm, 3-4-1986
I know that I had been saving 666 items before this strip was added to the collection. I remember that I kept it even though the "six, six, six" isn't a reference to the mark of the beast. It's just funny. And it helps to show how long I've had this hobby.

You can count on The Far Side to have a say.
The Far Side, 1-8-1993
I love the drips on the last "6."

Non Sequitur, 3-2-1993
In the Bleachers, 9-14-1993
Committed, 5-15-1994
That Jason Fox...
Fox Trot, 11-9-2002, 7-3-2003 (Happy Birthday, Mombert!)
A P. S. Mueller cartoon found in some collection.

Bizarro, 5-16-2011
This was from one of the days Dan Piraro was on vacation last month and Wayno took over. You can read about some hate mail that Dan got regarding this comic. This number sure does cause some people anguish!

It's just a number.

2 comments:

Shoe said...

Nice collection! Surely they aren't all the 666 'toons out there?

Chuckbert said...

Well, they are all I've collected during my collecting days (which kind of petered out).