Sunday, July 31, 2011

Satan's Sixes Sunday

Satan is in the news.

Here come some of my newspaper clippings that discuss 666 issues. My sisters contributed some of this week's material. Thanks for looking out for me, sisters!

The Los Angeles Times had a feature "Only in L. A." where odd stories from Los Angeles were shared. Occasionally they had some 666 bits.
I have two copies of the above story. One is folded so it could fit into an envelope so I'm pretty sure Karen sent it to me. I apparently saved it from my copy of the paper, too.

Here's another story, with a picture!

But enough of this frivolity, the Mark of the Beast is serious business!

From the North County Times, Saturday, March 7, 1998, the Eiffel Tower counted down the number of days until the year 2000:
I don't quite understand Jocelyn Kennedy's gratitude for not knowing the tower was marked with "666." If she had noticed the 666 she say's she wouldn't have gone to the top of the tower. How is it that this ignorance of the Mark could protect her from some horrible fate? It couldn't. Ms. Kennedy, you went to the top. Ignorance can't protect you! You are going to Hell!

Peggy sent me this article about the Beast and his number (from the Santa Fe New Mexican, 10/25/1997).
Use a Social Security Number, go to Hell!

And, just because it has "666" (but with some extra punctuation), I saved this one. It has nothing to do with the Beast. The headline is really enough to read.

That's the news from hell this week! See you next Sunday!

0 comments: