Monday, December 28, 2009

Don't get fresh with me!

One morning, while I was eating my breakfast cereal, Jerry was in the kitchen putting together our lunches to take to work. He was cutting some pineapple spears we got at Costco into bite-sized pieces. As I was swallowing a mouthful of cereal he said, "I sure am glad to know that my pineapple is 'Alpine Fresh.'"

It took a bit of time to regain my composure and wipe up the cereal that had sprayed out of my nose.

To add to the absurdity, the pineapple's label tells us Alpine Fresh is in Florida, a very flat state. Its highest point is a whopping 345 feet above sea level.

Alpine, indeed! But no doubt fresh!

4 comments:

P-Doobie said...

Sorta like businesses in Albuquerque with names like "Palm Harbor" or "Venetian Sands."

(At least you don't need to use a neti pot now.)

Colleen said...

Maybe they were kept fresh in Alpine-cold storage on the way from the tropics.

BobbieS53 said...

Maybe they passed through (or over) an alpine forest to get to the store.

Colleen said...

Maybe they are alpineapples.