Sunday, May 29, 2011

Satan's Sixes Sunday

As I said in my first Satanic post, some of the 666 stuff I've collected is receipts.

The oldest receipt in my collection is from October, 1989. I bought some contact lens disinfecting solution. There's "6666" on it that indicates something like which cashier rang it up, what transaction this was, which register was used, which store I bought it from or something. Too bad the price wasn't six cents more, the total was $6.60.
Oldest receipt. October 26, 1989
I don't know why this is my oldest receipt. I thought this hobby went back much further. I'm guessing I was saving them for a while but didn't think to put them in a folder and the earlier ones just got tossed. This is the earliest of my collection with a date on it.

Here's a semi-fun receipt from Trader Joe's. Not only is the total $6.66 but the time was half bad.
Bad total. Half-bad time.
I have many receipts with totals of $6.66. Some whose items' SKUs contain 666. Transaction numbers ending with 666. Gasoline purchases ending with .666 gallons. Sometimes I paid Satan himself.
Sold by Satan

Here's a sample of receipts illustrating some of the styles of 666 I have collected.
Evil receipts
We have your:
  • Movie tickets and fast food orders whose serial numbers end with 666.
  • Fast food orders whose totals are $6.66. The Togo's receipt is mine. Jerry donated his receipts from Schlotzsky's Deli and The Barbecue Pit. Judy donated the Ups 'n Downs receipt. I have no idea who Judy is. Everybody helped me in my effort to show that we all are the Antichrist.
  • Gasoline ending with .666 gallons. (There's even a bonus 6 in there!)
  • A SKU (pronounced "skew"...I went through a long period of hearing that word from cashiers as if I should know what they were talking about. I didn't know how to spell it so I didn't know how to find out about it. I'm glad Google finally came to my rescue.) ending with 666.
The devil is lurking everywhere.


3 comments:

Colleen said...

The Devil you say!

Shoe said...

This is fun!

BobbieS53 said...

I think I have a water bottle that I found out on the trail that has a 666 on it. Is there ice water in h***?