Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Turtle Tchotchke Tuesday

We picked up a Rick Satava Petroglyph Rock on our recent visit to Palm Desert. It's glass. It has two turtles on it.



Mr. Satava's web site's title is "Home of the Jellyfish." We have a glass jellyfish. It turns out we are now collectors. Our jellyfish is also one of his creations. Here it is on its light base:

Jerry wondered if our petroglyph rock would look good on a light base. The home of the jellyfish says "they look absolutely stunning when on top of a lighted base." They're not kidding.

4 comments:

Poss said...

Both are quite impressive, though the girls and I think that they need a closer inspection.

Colleen said...

Awesome glass acquisitions! The jellyfish is not technically a turtle, but it is still awesome. Does it sting? It looks like it would sting.

Shoe said...

I have a jellyfish like that but the Squid got it for me at a gallery in Cambria. I just checked, and it is signed and numbered by Satava! I should look into getting a lighted base for it. I like your petroglyph, too. Really neat-o.

BobbieS53 said...

I like them. Really nice.