Sunday, May 1, 2011

Grandma (Gram)

Here come nearly two years of our lives. But no Christmases!

Reasons for not having a massive Christmas orgy in 1973:
  • Mom and Dad got divorced.
  • Dad got remarried. Christmas orgy with Ewwww-deena? I don't think so.
  • Karen was the only one of us still living at home. The rest of us were in college or beyond. We're getting a little old for that kind of stuff.
No Christmas orgy in 1974:
  • See above.

What we do see are:
  • More branding at Mabel's
  • Beth graduates from Highlands University. Pictures of a graduation! A first!
  • 1974 passes without a single picture (in this collection...some time ago I shared with the family some pictures of a trip Jack and Eudena took through the Grand Canyon and Salt Lake City. I wonder where those pictures are.)
  • Karen and Dad took a trip to Emporia in January 1975.
  • Dad and Peggy took a trip to Emporia for Gradma's (Gram's) funeral.
  • Mom and Karen took a trip to Washington, DC, and Gettysburg. Whoever took the pictures didn't know how to properly set the exposure. Most are underexposed. Lots are almost black. Sorry, there's not much I could do to bring out detail. I left them all in for some reason.
  • You don't see a single picture with me in it. Bobbie is absent, too.
Everyone seems to call Grandma "Gram." I don't remember calling her that.

Here is June 1973 through April 1975.
Carousel-23

2 comments:

Poss said...

I found a picture of Bobbie. also one of Smokey Bear. and LingLing?
Cousin Rick was our guide at Gettysburg.
I wonder which camera I was using for the poorly exposed photos.

RetroMag said...

Thanks again for your time and effort in recalling the "good old days.