Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cohen the Violinist, 2011

2013 edition is here.

Here it is again already: Labor Day Weekend. Time to celebrate Ms. Magic Meryle Cohen, Cohen the Violinist! Happy Birthday, Ms. Magic Meryle!

We have something very special to celebrate later this year.

Last week I got an email from meryle cohen with a question. She asked if I know anyone who subscribes to the OWN network. She might need a DVD made on her.

She didn't say what was going to be on that involved her.

I told Jerry about the message from Meryle and her question about Oprah's network. Jerry reminded me that Oprah is based in Chicago and that I had been baffled by having somebody in Chicago repeatedly visiting my blog over the last few months as a result of Google searches like "magic meryle cohen," "cohen the violinist" and "san diego union tribune meryle cohen." What's going on in Chicago that people are interested in Ms. Magic Meryle?, I had wondered.

It all started making sense. I remembered the queries were all coming from the ISP named "Harpo"! Harpo Productions is Oprah Winfrey's production company. ("Harpo" is "Oprah" backwards.)

I replied to Meryle that a friend gets OWN and can record programs to DVD. I asked for details about the program she needs recorded. I haven't heard from her yet.

I went to Google to see if I could figure things out for myself. I didn't have much luck. I didn't find anything about her and Oprah.

Then I did something I rarely have to do. I clicked on the "Next" link to see the second page of results.

There, there was a link to the MainStreet Oceanside blog. They tell us that a new Rosie O'Donnell program on OWN is going to profile Meryle Cohen! Rosie's show starts October 10th.

Since then, that link has been promoted to the first page of results for my query!

Do you suppose my blog used as a fact-checking source by Rosie?

I have no idea yet when the Magic Meryle Cohen episode will air. When I find out I'll be sure to post the information.

As she's done for quite a few years, Ms. Magic Meryle Cohen has given us a story of her accomplishments in the San Diego Union-Tribune (click on the image to read it...she's squeezed in a lot of information):

Once again I get a plug. Thanks!

You can see a performance of hers at the Oceanside Sunset Market in my celebration of Ms. Magic Meryle from last year. She plays at the Sunset Market the first Thursday of each month. You should go see her if you can. She'll entertain and inform you. I guess this month's opportunity has passed.

Happy Birthday, Cohen the Violinist! We'll be watching Rosie. Congratulations!

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Chuck, your blog has done a valuable service. You should be proud!

Shoe said...

Close encounters with the rich and famous! Yay for Magic Meryle! Yay for OWN and Rosie!

Shoe said...

P.S. Happy Birthday to Ms. Magic Meryle!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Love ya!Love your youtube. You make people happy.

P-Doobie said...

Happy birthday, Miss Magic Meryle!

word verif "releac": I releac the video of Magic Meryle!

Poss said...

Happy Birthday, Magic Meryle! I wish I had cable, so that I can see you play.
I hope that it gets recorded, so that I can see it,too. You make me smile:-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ms.Magic Meryle! I've enjoyed your concerts via Chuck's blogs and now I hope to have a video of one!

Mombert