Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Driving deeper into Hell

We're back from the beach near Portland and get our pictures taken in Aunt Marcella and Uncle Harold's living room. Then we have a fun day at the Portland Zoo. We take a scenic drive up the Columbia River. Then, O Canada! By ferry! Cool! (Wasn't there any scenery in Washington?)

Now we're roughing it. I guess this is where Hell really kicked in. We take a balogna stop (but they look like hamburgers to me). Then it looks like the slides got dropped on the floor. We're in Yellowstone for a while then back to the ferry. I've made no attempt to get them back in order.

Be glad you survived to tell the tale.

Carousel-14

(Only 22 more pictures of this trip. Then we'll go back to enjoying the darling Karen!)

5 comments:

BobbieS53 said...

Thanks again for your diligence in scanning and posting. I love looking at these pictures even though we don't look too happy to be wherever we are...except you. You clown!

Poss said...

I loved the rugged coast of Oregon and the mountains in Canada. I was so happy to go back in subsequent trips.
It was fun watching the transformation of Uncle Harold into a fish eater after never eating it all the time he lived in Portland.
I did feel bad about Pegger's camping birthday celebration with the store-bought cake. But it was a partay.

RetroMag said...

We did see a lot of beautiful scenery. And I'm with Poss--the Oregon coast was spectacular!

Shoe said...

My "nose"! I had heard about it, but didn't remember. Nice to see it in action.

The pony's name was "Jeep" I was told.

Thanks for the pictures!

P-Doobie said...

I remember my 16th birthday! We had a store-bought cake that we consumed in the carryall, and Classic held up a wooden match for me to blow out.