Thursday, January 15, 2009

I've been Blogging for a year!

It was a year ago I took Colleen's suggestion that I start a blog featuring my gadgets and cooking skills. It's been a fun hobby. Then the idea spread to the whole family (more fun yet!). If this were Amway, Colleen would be rolling in the dough (and I'd get my cut, too). But it's not...sorry Colleen!

Lately, I haven't been posting much and too many of the posts I have made have had a terribly limited audience. Making captive audiences watch slide shows of family holidays is probably one of the techniques used in Gitmo to extract information. I hope our pictures haven't been used there by the Evil Empire our current administration.

I'll continue with the family photos but I need to dilute the torture content of my blog. I need to post more of own my experiences. But things to write about haven't been occurring to me. Recently, one of the quotes of the day on my iGoogle page was from Jack London: "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." I've been depending on inspiration striking and that just hasn't been happening. I will have to change my approach.

I'm setting out with my club. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Poss said...

This has been a fun adventure. I need to do more, especially after finding so many fun items in the move.
Thanks Chuck
Thanks Colleen

Colleen said...

You're welcome! I just hope Google doesn't run out of free space.

Shoe said...

Happy Blogaversary!

BobbieS53 said...

Keep it up, Chuck! I've enjoyed it. I need to blog more. I have a bunch of things I can put in my blog, but I'm just plain lazy. Wish us all luck!

RetroMag said...

Polish up that club and go after the inspirations! I love your blogs!! I'll try to get that package off to you, which will contain a fat folder of more of your memorabilia, which should contain a BUNCH of inspirations.

Happy Birthday, JerBear!