Thursday, January 29, 2009

Leaving Hell

As promised, here's the end of the mythical 1966 family road trip.  I think some of the pictures are in Canada.  We get to see Old Faithful burp a little eruption.  The park ranger said that after such a dud of an eruption the next would happen much sooner than the usual 90 minutes.  But that was too long to wait so we kept moving.  We head south (past the Tetons?).

Herbie, Dave, Ricky, and Carol visit.
Jack goes hunting.  There were bison near Las Vegas?
We see Christmas, 1966, and Easter, 1967.  Karen loves chocolate.  And Doughie.

That is probably my last journey to Easter service.  I think I dropped out of The Church when I was around 12.

The perimeter fence is secured.  Have we really left Hell behind?


Carousel-15

3 comments:

Shoe said...

Oh, my gosh! We were posting at the same time and made the same comments about Doughie and about chocolate!

These pictures made me smile. Thanks!

BobBIE was right--you were (are!) a clown!

BobbieS53 said...

Cool cat eye glasses. Jack ordered them from Prism Optical. I don't think I got glasses from anywhere else until I was on my own. Nice pix. Sit there and let me take twenty pictures of the same thing. At least we got to tickle little Shoe...

(word verif: ingsive...IN-DI-GESTION!)

P-Doobie said...

On the ferry the seas were rough, and I got motion sickness. I was sitting in the lounge looking green and feeling wombly. Chewing a wad of spearmint gum, Bobbie, ever helpful and discreet, came up to me and whispered breathily, "P-doobie! If you need to throw up, the restrooms have handles in the stalls so you don't fall off!" It wasn't the motion sickness anymore. It was the spearmint vapors that sent me over the edge.

Thanks for posting the pix and triggering the memories, Chuckbert!