Monday, September 28, 2009

Fire!

I check the traffic map before I leave work. Today there were some yellow diamonds right by home.  The details of the incidents said that there was a fire in the field in the northeast corner of the intersection of Bear Valley Parkway and San Pasqual Valley Road. We live in the southwest corner of that intersection.

Before I left work I saw the details up to about 4:34 PM.

Jerry called to say that I ought to take a different route home since traffic on Bear Valley Parkway was very slow.

Before I got home, Jerry and a neighbor got to watch a palm tree go up in flames.

I got home and went down to the field at the end of the road with my camera to watch the goings on. Of course, I took a movie. It's pretty dull. We get to see helicopters fly around and drop water on the fire. I missed the fixed-wing plane dropping the pretty pink water.

Here's the dull movie. The most interesting thing about it is the strobing of the helicopter blades that makes it look like they spin very slowly.


This is a map of the area. We live in the house toward the bottom. We watched from the person standing in the field. The helicopter landed at the helicopter. The fire was somewhere around the fire. And there's another marker under the buttons just to keep the fire in the picture.

View Neighborhood Fire in a larger map


The fire is out. Its origin is suspicious.

5 comments:

Poss said...

We enjoyed the film. Glad they got it out.

RetroMag said...

I'm sure glad they got it put out before it caught something else on fire! Thanks for the movie. I wasn't bored.

Shoe said...

EEk! I bet it was nerve-wracking seeing the report on your computer screen. Glad it was knocked down quick.

Chuckbert said...

Here is a newspaper's article about the fire. It really wasn't scary. There was no wind.

Colleen said...

I enjoyed reading the article, but I wonder why they haven't fixed the headline.
When Jerry saw the palm tree burn were there rats running down the trunk?