Sunday, September 6, 2009

Congratulations, Ms. Magic Meryle Cohen!

2013 Edition is here.

It's Labor Day Weekend. That can mean only one thing: Time to celebrate Ms. Magic Meryle Cohen's accomplishments!

This account of her accomplishments is a complete change from last year's story. It's not even characterized as celebrating her birthday. Happy Birthday, anyway, Magic Meryle!

I got some emails in May through the Contact link in my profile from "meryle cohen" pointing me to some items on the Internet that feature Cohen the Violinist.

One of meryle cohen's tips was to search YouTube for "Cohen the Violinist." To save you the time, here it is:


Ain't she grand?

Another message pointed me to a page of Oceanside Portraits. Click on it to enlarge it. Cohen the Violinist is the one with the violin.

This year's story pointed us to her information in the San Diego Reader. It has a link to subscribe to an RSS feed that lets us know about any of her performances The Reader knows about. I've subscribed! I hope to see her some day.

Some time ago, Izzy had gotten a message from meryle cohen through her profile's contact link. It pointed her to the YouTube video. She posted it on her blog. I left a comment about how I had gotten my messages and had been saving them for today's post. Izzy deleted her post. That's why some of you might have been confused about that message getting deleted. Thanks, Izzy, for letting me continue this story!

4 comments:

MrBears said...

After viewing the YouTube video, I wonder if she knows 444 complete songs from memory or just parts of 444 songs.

And how does she know the number, has she cataloged them?

Fact or fiction, she seems to enjoy herself.

Shoe said...

She sounds like quite a gal! Go, Magic Meryle, go!

RetroMag said...

She should be nominated for National Treasure status. Or do they have National Treasures?

Dia said...

Every Labor Day weekend I look for Magic Meryle's birthday notice. I have saved them for about 10 years. She has been a curiosity for me. I was never sure if she was Real or a put on.
I was delighted to see the video you posted. I am happy that she is getting some attention.