Saturday, November 6, 2010

More clouds

I left Grandview Point and continued east. The last viewpoint on the rim (or first if you start at the east entrance) is Desert View. This has the Desert View Watchtower.
Watchtower (undergoing renovations)
The inside of the watchtower has murals on the ceiling.
Watchtower ceiling
And murals on the walls.
Watchtower wall
And views of the canyon.
Desert View view

I made a short video here. It was shot in only half an hour starting around 2:15, October 23, 2010. It was getting very cold and windy and I was getting discouraged with all the thick clouds. I wanted scattered, puffy clouds but had to deal with thick ones. You might be able to see the landscape shaking from all the wind. I need a sturdier tripod. And I need to check that the camera is horizontal.

1 comments:

RetroMag said...

I've never been inside the watchtower. The artist must have had a really long brush to paint those ceiling murals!