Thursday, November 25, 2010

A great start to another Thanksgiving

Happy Turkey Day!

It's off to a great start.

First, we had our espressos.
The coffee was recently roasted with The Roadster, ground in Rocky and brewed in Silvia (why don't I have any posts that really feature Rocky and Silvia?).

Jerry's is in a coffee mug. It has milk and sweetener that wouldn't fit in an espresso muglet. Since this is a holiday, we got an extra treat with our coffee. I made some bizcochito biscotti from a recipe in New Mexico Magazine.

Then we had breakfast.

(A lot of the following is a repeat from last year's thankfulness. We had about the same breakfast last year!)

The pancakes were made with:
On top of the pancakes we put:
We swallowed our morning pills with:
  • Pomegranate juice from our bush. The juice is cloudy since it was what was at the bottom of the pitchers where the juice settled (we wanted clear juice for the jelly I made).

I'm thankful that:
  • We had a nice, wholesome, home-cooked meal and didn't get overfed
  • There aren't a lot of dishes to take care of
  • We have all our gadgets that make fairly healthful meals like this fun to make
  • I have friends and family who humor me by reading these silly messages
  • I have Jerry to take care of all the hard parts of Thanksgiving meals (and the rest of my life)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Now, we're off for an adventure (with picnic)!

4 comments:

Shoe said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I am thankful for having you and Jerry!

Have a wonderful day!

BobbieS53 said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm giving thanks for my whole family and our health! You are my inspiration.

Poss said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day. We are so thankful for having you and JerBear in our lives.

RetroMag said...

I'm thankful for so many things that I can't list them all. So I'll just say I'm so very thankful for a wonderful family and their significant others, present and former; for good health, plenty of food, comfortable apparel, a nice house, and a snug bed!

And oh yes--for your great blog posts--I love them!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Jerry!