Sunday, February 1, 2009

Karen and Doughie! By popular demand!

Recently, Izzy posted some pictures of Karen and Doughie and requested a better version of her favorite picture of the two of them. It took me a bit of time to track down my box of pictures taken with my Polaroid Swinger camera. But I finally found them in a box tucked in the closet.

Here is the picture she requested.

My little box of Polaroid pictures has tabs dividing the collection by subject. The largest section is "Karen." The next is "Dogs." Ties went into "Karen" (and most of those feature Doughie).

Here is my favorite of the Karen/Doughie pictures.
Karen had a toy that had a ring that you put around your ankle and had a cord with a bell-shaped weight at the end. You'd spin the weight around your foot and jump over it as it passed under the other foot. Hey, I found it! Someone says it was a Footsie by Hasbro but can't find any other reference to the toy (so I'll bet that's not the toy's name). Anyway, the ring was big enough to go over little Doughie's head. And the bell was big enough to go over her muzzle.

Karen and Doughie sleeping.
Karen, Doughie, and Beth.
Karen and Doughie.

Doughie isn't here but I like this picture of Karen. She was being a fountain. I had her fill her mouth with water and spit it out but I guess I couldn't get a picture of the water. But she's cute anyway.

6 comments:

Shoe said...

Oh my gosh! What a pair! Thanks for the pictures; definitely keepers.

I had a great childhood! Thanks Mom, Pagrs, Poss, BobBIE and Chuckbert!!

Shoe said...

I did a little search and I found a picture of a Footsie.

You are right; not too many references! Great, multi-purpose toy!

Shoe said...

Oops! Duh! There aren't references cuz we spelled it wrong! How 'bout Footsee?

BobbieS53 said...

I remember the fountain day. I took pictures of that, too. I need to search for all my photos. I hope I kept them somewhere...

Poss said...

One good thing about pictures of Doughie and Karen was they never had to pose, they were cute and still all the time!

RetroMag said...

Thanks, Chuckbert, for unearthing the pictures! What a darling duo!