Sunday, August 2, 2009

Even Microsoft admits what everybody says about Vista

I installed Microsoft's Service Pack 2 to my weather station's god damned Vista system yesterday. (The software that manages the weather station's data runs only on Windows systems.) I figured that this update couldn't make things any worse.

After it was done I checked that it had actually done the update to their crappy operating system. It said it had and had a link to their site where I can give Microsoft even more money to get even more crappy software.

On that site they had a field where you can search the web using their "bing" search engine. I had never used it (and plan to keep using Google). But, since I was in a foul mood about Microsoft's crappy software, I did a search using their search engine:

The Windows Vista home page is the Number One result from bing's search "windows vista is a piece of shit."

Ain't it the truth?

3 comments:

Poss said...

Bing is my default search engine at work. I enter something, then wonder how they came up with the answers, which I have to go through at least two links to get where I want to be.
Google is bookmarked.
My computer saved me from using the internet for a long time,then I figured a way around it, then it fixed itself. Yes, it is the Vista system.

Colleen said...

Why don't you go to: http://lamontnews-list.blogspot.com/2009/07/bing-it-on-competiton-for-google.html and express your opinion there? Why boss wants more hits on that blog. Fortunately we do not have to use Vista at work, and when my home PC dies, I'm replacing it with a Mac.

BobbieS53 said...

I laughed. Ain't Microsoft products fun? No wonder they have so many people out there making of viruses to screw with them. I love my Mac...still figuring it out, but it's so much better than Windows.