Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pack up your swimsuit and go away already!

The San Diego Union-Tribune lets its readers participate in deciding what will be on the comics pages. When they're considering a change they let us vote on the choices by calling special numbers (not toll-free) and that records our votes. (Isn't that how American Idol works?)

The latest poll was to decide which comic strip was going away to make room for the return of Doonesbury. Doonesbury used to run in the Op-Ed pages and they didn't print reruns while it was on hiatus. Now that it's back they're putting it in the comics section.

The candidates for ouster were:
They thought that "Judge Parker" would be the one getting the boot. They were surprised to find out that "Cathy" was hated by everybody. Jerry and I both wasted some of our precious cell phone minutes on the poll in order to vote against Cathy. What an amusing strip that is! Two jokes: fat and swimsuits. Ha, ha! You can't get too much of those funny subjects, can you?

I have never read Judge Parker and haven't read the other two in years so I wasn't going to miss the loser. I'm just happy that the one that irritates me is gone.

Now I think I'll go try on swimsuits.

(ha ha!)

2 comments:

Shoe said...

I hate Cathy, too.

P-Doobie said...

The Santa Fe New Mexican asked readers to vote on which comic they wanted to boot. Cathy "won" in a landslide.