Monday, June 2, 2008

Backwards Movie, Take 2

Ray from work lent me a screen and a splicing kit so that I could try to improve on the little movie we shot in our High School days. The screen was to make a brighter image but I don't notice much more detail in this version. The splice kit let me add a couple feet of film that started the movie off. I get a bigger role in the creek scene!

I changed the movie a little. I flipped it left to right. Now it shows the world in its real spatial, but not temporal, orientation. Even the scenes where there is nothing that is obviously a mirror image bothered me. With that corrected I am much more comfortable.

I also left the scenes in the order they are in the film. The first times I tried to upload it to YouTube the movie would play at 78rpm and would end long before it was supposed to be finished. I tried to reedit it to try to get YouTube to keep from screwing it up but nothing worked till I rearranged the scenes.

I added a music track. I hope you like it.



No poll. Poss is still the winner!

You can expect one more update to this movie. To satisfy popular demand for restoring this film, I will be taking it to Costco to have them transfer it to some digital form. They apparently do a good job of fixing color and other defects from old film like this. Something to look forward to...

5 comments:

Shoe said...

Thanks for correcting the vantage point. Having the porch railing on the wrong side bothered me, too!

Nice work. Can't wait for the next rendition.

Poss said...

and I didn't think that the show could get any better. Thanks for the improvements.
and thanks for not having a revote!

Colleen said...

There's a place down the street from me that does digitalizing work for the History Channel. If Costco doesn't come through, send it to me. After that terrible Universal fire, historical treasure like these are even more precious.

P-Doobie said...

Nice work, Chuckbert. (I still vote for Poss.)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Chuck! Nice improvements. Thanks for preserving the memories!