Saturday, September 27, 2008

Better than zucchini

It's that time of the year. The time of the year when you open your front door and there it is. A large grocery bag. Filled. With. Zucchini.

I like zucchini as much as the next man. Maybe not as much as Mombert does (Mombert isn't a man but you know what I mean), but I like them. But after a while they lose their charm.

Yesterday I got home and there was a variation on that theme. Our neighbor left us two large bags filled with Valencia oranges. Eighteen pounds of them.

We had fresh squeezed orange juice with breakfast this morning.


Are you jealous or what?

5 comments:

Shoe said...

Yes. I am jealous.

Colleen said...

My mother used to have me leave bags of zucchini on people's doorsteps. Once I got caught and had to take the zucchini back.

RetroMag said...

Anybody can leave oranges on my porch any time. That's an interesting juicer you have. What kind is it?

Chuckbert said...

The juicer is the KitchenAid Mixer Citrus Juicer Attachment. I didn't get a lot of the mixer in the picture, did I?

I think tomorrow's OJ will be made in the BlendTec blender (seen behind the mixer/juicer combo). That will be fuller of nutrients since all of the pulp will be in the juice.

Poss said...

One day in Yuma, I had about 10# of asparagus on my front porch. Yum.

I do miss the citrus and dates I had in Yuma.