Monday, October 13, 2008

MLM: Memory Lane Monday, First Edition

Back on The Saddest Day, I said that I had found some souvenirs from my youth that, like it or not, I will be sharing with you. Later, I posted some memories of some nice ladies I didn't marry who told me "I Love You!*" and that reminded P-Doobie of the nice Jamaican woman I didn't marry who has Two Lovely Pairs of Eyes. In a comment to that post Colleen suggested that I could have a regular feature where I post these remembrances of things past.

So I am embarking on a stroll down that old memory lane. Like Ina's stroll down the Santa Fe Trail, this can't be done in one, uninterrupted stretch. We need to take this slow and easy. Once a week should be enough.

This First Edition of Memory Lane Monday is really a cop-out. It's a follow-up to an earlier post where I remembered being embarrassed by a shop project where I made a comedy mask and the teacher wondered where the tragedy mask was. I didn't know that they were supposed to be a set. I just wanted to make the happy mask.

During The Crapture, Izzy found the mask in the shed. Mom had found it a few months ago and told me that she had put it up there. I figured she'd send it to me when she had something else coming my way or that she'd hold onto it till I made another trek to New Mexico. Izzy took it home with her and sent it to me. So I was probably the last one of the family to see my long-lost treasure. For those of you not present at The Crapture, here's my comedy mask!


I traced the pattern from the mask that was hanging on the shop class wall. I didn't come up with its hair (or is it horns?) on my own. The thing looks sinister to me.

On the back I wrote my name. I also wrote the name I've always know "Izzy" as. Did I give it to Izzy as a present? Is it really hers? Do I need to give it back?

5 comments:

Shoe said...

With that lighting, indeed it does look evil! Makes up for the missing saddo. Good trade, in my opinion. It's like one of those lenticular pictures.

I noticed my name on the back, too. I wondered about that. If it was ever a gift, I humbly return it in the name of historical right.

BTW, I love your colors!

Shoe said...

The correct link:
Lenticular printing.

Colleen said...

Hey, after I made that suggestion, I decided to take my own advice.
For closure, why don't you now make a tragic mask?

BobbieS53 said...

I was there for a lot of the Crapture, but I do remember you making that mask. We found two small stools that you made and I don't know if they made it to the save pile or the give away pile. I took them out of the truck destined for the dump. BTW, I have the wood box you made in 4-H here at my house. I commandeered it shortly after you made it and I stored my 4-H stuff in it. Let me know if you want it back.

Chuckbert said...

I don't need the 4-H box. You're welcome to keep it. And I don't remember making any stools. If I made them I don't miss them.