Sunday, April 27, 2008

That's Life

The view from my recliner now includes this:Liō is one of my favorite comic strips these days. Some time ago, the San Diego Union-Tribune gave us some comic strips to vote on as their replacement for "Foxtrot." One of them was "Liō." It was the only one that had any appeal for me (and at the time it didn't have a lot of appeal, just more than the other choices). They chose "Bliss" instead. ("Bliss" is starting to grow on me but certainly not as much as "Liō.")

I have to read Liō online (you may have noticed I've had a link to the strip's web site in my "Stuff you should look at" list over there on the right).

Liō is basically "Henry" with a wild imagination.

An entry in the blog for another comic strip I read, "Pooch Café," pointed me to a site that is selling a Pooch Café "laser cel" of one of the comic's Sunday strips. It turned out they had a couple of Liō strips. Including the one I find the funniest of all. It's now on my wall.

You, too, can get a copy at lasermach.com. Hurry. It's limited to 500 copies.

(Yesterday, Liō was hauled off by some men in black. He's being replaced by "Li'l Dicky." He won't say or do anything offensive. Old folks love 'im. It's going to be an interesting strip for a while.)

0 comments: