Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thanks but I'll just go without clothes

In the movie "The Devil Wears Prada," Meryl Streep's character explains to her skeptical assistant how elements of this year's haute couture will be incorporated in the clothes she'll buy off the rack at Macy's next year.

I hope it doesn't work that way with men's fashions.

The New York Times gadget in my Google sidebar offered me this item from their fashion blog.

I would feel much more comfortable going naked than wearing this high fashion and I would certainly draw less attention to myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're admitting you have no taste in fine men's wear? I would have supposed you would be on the first plane to Milan or Paris to replenish your wardrobe.

Colleen said...

Men's fashions have been slower to evolve since the 19th C invention of the dark suit. Before that, men were as peacocky as women. So, by the time the Thom Brown capelet is normal business wear, you and I will be long gone.

P-Doobie said...

Dramatic entrances are all in a day’s work for P-doobie. Dynamic and diverse, bold and colorful, her sweeping collage of clothing symbolizes the assimilation of "T-shirt apotheosis" into the mainstream. She's certainly not a slave to matchy-matchy. Your shirt can match your socks if you are going for an elegant traditional look in your ensemble, but P-doobie plays with what’s in the middle.

Poss said...

I, personally, can imagine you in the highwaters waistband underneath the armpits in about 30 years. snap it up now!