Monday, April 28, 2008

Such an anticlimax!

The shareholders' meeting has come and gone and I hardly noticed.

I got to work a few minutes before 8:00 and there was plenty of room in the parking lot. I followed a large SUV up the driveway and it stopped in front of the front door and let a bunch of people out. I didn't think this sort of person carpools. I was pleasantly surprised.

When I got to the lobby there was a table where people were signing in. There were a couple baskets of sweet rolls and cookies for the attendees to munch on while milling around the lobby. I think they turned off some part of the badge reader because it didn't beep at me even though a shareholder was standing between the badge readers when I went through. It usually beeps if anybody is within 10 feet of a person going through it.

The only improvement I saw that had been made over the weekend was the curbs had been painted red. Here is the curb next to my usual parking spot without the chipped paint you saw last week.
And the curb in front of the water main has a fresh coat of paint.

Tomorrow we get to have an all-hands meeting with the CEO and the Chairman of the Board. Then it will be over.

No more sprucing up for a year.

4 comments:

RetroMag said...

Was the meeting piped in to your office, and how long did it last? Did any of the shareholders or VIPs visit the Lab?

MrBears said...

I'm glad to see they painted the red curbs. Those chips were so tacky. Too bad they didn't put the colorful prisms like Colleen did in the picture she modified. Maybe for the next meeting they will make those pipes more attractive

Colleen said...

I'll be glad to offer NCR my services.

BobbieS53 said...

I certainly am glad that they fixed the chips! I really like the water mains, at least you can't miss them. Hopefully no one will fall over them!