Monday, April 21, 2008

Yet more flowers (sorry)

I can't help it. New things keep blooming!

Our tabebuia is blooming. I was hoping for a better show than this. It didn't bloom last year because we had a rather deep freeze that winter while it still had its leaves. The leaves all turned black and fell off much earlier than they're supposed to. That was too much of a shock to the tree. I thought that maybe because there were no flowers last year that it would make up for it by having a lot more than normal. It's been blooming for a while but has only recently lost its leaves. (The colors are a little exaggerated. I fiddled a bit with the "gamma" and the saturation.)
Back in early March I gave you an update on our rose garden. Well, here's another one. A couple of the new roses have started blooming after just six or seven weeks in the ground. I guess they are thrilled to be here.

Here's Julia Child:

And here's the 4th of July (it's a climber):

Another one of the new ones has some buds and has become quite bushy. These roses started out as a couple of six or seven inch stems.

I still need to get an irrigation system installed. It gets a little old standing out there with hoses.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Instead of an irrigation system why don't you get some artsy fountains?

RetroMag said...

I don't know why you're apologizing for the pictures of beautiful flowers. I love them!

Shoe said...

Purdy!