Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Halloween, Christmas, Birthdays, Christmas, Christmas

Here's the third carousel of family slides. Halloween, 1955, from the second set continues. Then we see Christmas and a couple of birthdays.

Then we run into a little trouble...mostly naked little girls. They make me nervous so I blacked out a lot of them. I don't want to contribute to sick people's fantasies.
Quick update already: The naked girls make me really nervous so they're gone. If any of you grown up girls want to see yourselves in just your panties, let me know.
Then more Christmases.

We're seeing some of the line-up-an-smile! style of picture taking. And there are some pictures of kids not having a good time at Christmas.

Ah, such memories! (Well, not yet for me. I was only two and a half at the end of this set.)

Carousel-03


I want to know more about that nifty washing machine in the living room.

4 comments:

Shoe said...

Thanks again for all your hard work getting these scanned and posted!

Very cute kids.

P-Doobie said...

The washer was an older wringer type, as I recall. I think Mom would wheel it into the kitchen and hook up a hose to the faucet. There was an outlet hose that went into the sink and drain.

Wow! Those blocks are more than 50 years old, and the kids are still playing with them! I've tried over the years to trap the four nieces and nephew in them, but to no avail; they always smash their way out of my jails.

Thanks, Chuckbert!

Poss said...

I guess we all know what Erin is going to look like when she is 55. The pictures of May 2,1956 made me do a double take.
I still have my teddy bear from 1956. and I loved seeing Bobbie in new pants!
Mom, you looked so pretty and calm in the midst of the mornings.
Chuck should blow up the photo of him holding a flower....a sign of things to come?
P-Doobie, you can always come over and try again to catch the little ones/ I can't believe that all the blocks are still nearly intact. They have built alot of forts and houses.

RetroMag said...

What adorable children!

Were the red pajamas in 1956 and 1957 the same ones or did I buy twenty yards of red flannel when it was on sale?

And didn't that flying saucer sled survive some of the grandkids?