Sunday, November 9, 2008

Slide Show!

It's finally time to begin the dreaded slide show of our family pictures.

When I helped Mom move stuff from her old house to her new condo, we boxed up all the carousels and trays of the bazillion slides that have been living in the cold room for all these years. I brought them home with me. Well, I missed a box that got lost in the commingled pile of stuff Mom was taking out and the stuff Poss was bringing in.

I spent a couple of hours scanning two trays of slides from the 1940s and put them in my Picasa Web Album. So far there aren't a lot of pictures really worth looking at. The first tray has some wartime pictures that are worthwhile but the second is probably interesting only to those who were there at the time (and since there are few people in the pictures I have no idea who those might be).

These albums probably won't be permanent. I'll replace them with new pictures as I scan them. I'll keep all the pictures and send out DVDs with them to interested people when I get enough to make that worth the trouble.

The names, places, and dates that were written on the slides are the pictures' captions. You can add comments to the pictures where you can correct or enhance the descriptions. I'll try to save the corrections for the final collection of the pictures.

Click on these pictures to be taken to the albums:

1940s Tray 1
Wartime pictures and White Sands


1940s Tray 2
More outings and Highlands Homecoming

4 comments:

Shoe said...

Wow! What a busy guy you've been! THANKS! Those are interesting.

I'll have to catch up Jack's letters to where he got his corporal stripes to go with that picture of him!

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Poss said...

thanks for doing all this. I think
Dad was a MSgt at the time of d/c- maybe Lt.

P-Doobie said...

Thanks, Chuckbert! You have done a lot of good work. I'd be interested in a DVD.

Shoe said...

Poss, Jack left the army as Staff Sgt.