Monday, November 10, 2008

A missed opportunity

Today was the 20th Anniversary of Jerry and my becoming the owners of our house. I forgot about that until this afternoon when I was discussing septic systems with Francine at work. How that triggered my memory of the events of 20 years ago I don't know.

I dug through our box of haphazardly (dis)organized pictures with the hopes of finding some pictures of the changes to the house over the years. I found some of the remodeling projects but couldn't find any that showed the house as it was when we moved in. There must be some of those somewhere.

You'll just have to be picturelessly impressed that we've been here 20 whole years. And there's no way we're moving now. There's just too much stuff to pack (see here for a very small sample of what would have to be packed).

Maybe before the next 20 years pass we'll get hooked up to a sewer.

4 comments:

Shoe said...

Congratulations! You've really made your house a home!

Poss said...

As getting closer to getting the stuff out of my home of 20 years, I second never moving. It is amazing what can be accumulated in a small house by just adding three small children.

RetroMag said...

So do you have any idea how many turtles you'd have to pack up?

BobbieS53 said...

Congratulations! We've been in our house 12 years. I still need to go through the junk in the shed. I want to learn to de-clutter. Speaking of homes, I'll get busy this weekend and post new stuff on my blog. So much to do...