Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sirius XM

The Sirius and XM channels with similar programming were consolidated today. Sirius didn't have a channel devoted to music of the '40s so that is a nice thing to get from XM. Other than that there wasn't much coming from XM that I noticed that I'm excited about.

But you with XM receivers are now getting Met Opera Radio. I am so happy for you! From September to May you'll be hooked to your radio four times a week. Tonight they're broadcasting "La traviata" for the umteenth time this season but I listen again and again. The intermission interviews are always interesting (except when Will Berger gets involved).

Tomorrow you have your last chance to hear Doctor Atomic. Don't miss it. I'll probably listen again but I haven't been thrilled with it. Even seeing it at the broadcast to the movie theaters last weekend didn't help much. The music was interesting but the vocal parts never interested me. Except the Act I finale, "Batter my Heart," was almost interesting. But you Los Alamosers should listen just because it happened there.

Welcome to Met Opera Radio!

4 comments:

Shoe said...

I noticed that today...."Fred" is now named *yawn* "First Wave."

So far it has seemed to be a seamless merger.

I won't be paying extra to listen to Howard Stern, though.

Chuckbert said...

"Fred"? I don't get it.

Shoe said...

Fred was my favorite XM station, along with Lucy and Ethel. Now they are "First Wave," "Lithium" and "Alt Nation." Boooorrrr-ing names! And no more fun intro thingys.

At least now we have Little Steven's Underground Garage, which I've enjoyed on commercial FM radio.

BobbieS53 said...

Some of the names of my country stations changed. Now I get the Elvis station in my car. I'm with Izzy...won't pay extra for Howard Stern. But, wait! I have Sirius, too! What was I thinking!?!?! I get the best of both anyway!