Thursday, June 25, 2009

Spring 1967

When I hauled the family slides back from my visit to Los Alamos last fall my goal was to see pictures of my parents' wedding and the road trip from hell. I went through a binge and achieved my goal. And I took a break from the scanner.

I had thought that I would scan a carousel of slides last Friday when I took a day off from work. But I napped instead. I sat down after lunch and woke up just before Jerry got home. Oh, well.

Then Mom sent me all the slides that didn't make it home with me last Fall. They came today. Inspiration!

Here are some pictures from Spring 1967. We get a visit from the Jordans.


Carousel-16

4 comments:

Poss said...

Thanks Chuck,
Interesting that the Blue Suit that I sewed up in the 9th grade showed up last week, and pretty much fits Xian-just a tiny bit too big.
Dad looked relaxed and happy in the pictures. So nice to see.

Peggy's apple tree has certainly taken off in the past 40 years

Shoe said...

Thank you, Chuckbert!

You have such soulful eyes!

That blonde kid sure is a camera hog! Soooooo cute, though!!!!

I agree; it is nice to see Jack!

BobbieS53 said...

...and that little camera hog was a writer even at four years old! I love looking at the pictures and my cat-eye glasses! Thanks, Chuckbert.

RetroMag said...

Thanks for renewing the project, Chuckbert! Who knows?--in future carousels you might even find things of more interest than weddings and trips from hell!













\