Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Grumpiness has subsided

We got our new Chocolate telephones. We had them charge while we had supper and activated them as soon as the charging was complete. They say to fully charge the phones before using them and they say not to use them while they're charging. That gave us a little time to read some of the instructions that are in very tiny print. Mine is Black and Jerry's is Black Cherry. As Jerry said yesterday, they don't sell a chocolate colored Chocolate. Go figure.

We got Bluetooth headsets for them. Now I can take my walks and talk to Mom without holding a phone up to my ear. Now I can look like a madman who is talking to himself. I guess these things are common enough that people using them no longer look like lunatics. But I will not walk around work (or anywhere else) with it on my head unless I'm actually using it. People who have to have their little headsets always hanging on their ear do look like lunatics.

We got removable memory for them. I haven't tried it out yet. We'd better be able to take pictures and move them to our computers without having to pay for the privilege.

Well, back to the tiny print. I have to see what more they can do for us.

Thanks for all the Customer Service stories. I don't feel so alone now.

An Update (already): Jerry's phone is "Red" not "Black Cherry." These phones show fingerprints worse than stainless steel appliances. Jerry is making sure his stays nice and pretty. I hope he doesn't wear it down to nothing with all the buffing he's doing.

0 comments: