Thursday, January 31, 2008

Aren't we grownups here?

In one of our coffee rooms at work where we have a coffee machine, microwave ovens, toasters and a refrigerator there are some signs on the wall that make me wonder whether the people I work with got basic training from their mothers.

The one over the microwave ovens:
And one over the sink:

Are there really people who think that tea bags and stir sticks simply wash down the drain (well, by way of the garbage disposer)? Apparently there are enough people who do that a reminder needs to be posted.

Some wit thought others need the reminder and put a similar sign above the sink in another coffee room:

Now, the question on everyone's mind is "What the heck are Teradata trading cards?" I'll try to explain (and, of course, show you)!

Some time ago, the marketing people came up with some little CD-ROMs the size of business cards that had little slogans and images on them that illustrate various virtues of Teradata. When you put them in your CD drive, you're shown a little movie about the virtue. They sent these out to us in random batches of two or three cards at a time. We were supposed to trade our duplicates with colleagues to get a full set. I think that there were eight since they gave us a business card holder that hold eight cards in addition to a card with a summary of the virtues. I have eight so I guess I got the whole set! There was some sort of prize for people who sent in evidence that they watched all of the movies. I don't think I watched more than a part of one.

I'm pretty sure that these were made for customers.

Don't put these down the drain! (Only a couple of these are interesting.)






"Actionable Information"?

1 comments:

Colleen said...

Well, "actionable information" would be information that you could file suit against or with or whatever. So don't throw that card down the drain! Sue!
We also have staff room issues. The microwave gets crusted with a mixture of baked sauces. The refrigerator stinks worse than my kitties' litter box.