Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pressing Issues

Ironing isn't my favorite activity. I don't seem to get to the ironing part of laundry day when there are only a few shirts to iron. Sometimes I don't manage to take the clothes off the line until I am facing the next week's laundry. (For those who might not know, we have a clothes line strung across the back of the garage by the washer and dryer. The only things I dry in the dryer regularly are the sheets and towels...nobody likes stiff sheets and towels.) So I usually amass two weeks worth of ironing. Often more.

Then I get overwhelmed.

But our iron doesn't! We have a Rowenta Pressure Iron and Steamer. (That link is to Amazon.com. I couldn't get a link on Rowenta's site to go directly to the iron.) Tonight I got to press eleven shirts and (only) three pairs of pants. I didn't have to stop to add water and I used tons of steam. It's a great iron and I think everyone needs one. We got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond with one of their 20% Off coupons.

Once upon a time I would haul out the iron (not this one) and ironing board while getting dressed for work and iron the shirt I was going to wear that day. That foolish approach just doesn't work with this iron. It's got a lot of water that it has to heat up and this iron takes a rather long time to build up the steam. But once it does it's good for dozens of shirts (I speak from experience) and a bunch of pants.

Think about this one if you are like me and need lots of steam for a long time.

(I'm running out of gadgets to introduce.)

4 comments:

BobbieS53 said...

I don't have that kind of Rowenta, but I do own one that I got at Sam's Club along with a Rowenta ironing board. I got it for my quilting activities since I press so many seams. It has a large reservoir built into the body and is a fantastic iron. I've had it for a few years now. Maybe I should invest in the one with the gigantic reservoir!

Colleen said...

I always watch TV while I iron. Also, why don't you post more of your artworks.

Poss said...

Dad got me a cool Rowenta after I left my old iron turned on and sitting on the ironing table from Sunday night to Thursday night-when I was working in Gallup. The house did not burn down. The Rowenta is great and does turn itself off, has worked for years, as I have been out of Gallup for 14 years. I iron in the morning before going to work.Maybe I should iron lots of clothes at once! and my dryer died at the end of last summer. Towels get softer after the first use.

Poss said...

And for more pressing issues. How is the morning brew going? Are you still using the original roaster? I am on my 2nd Fresh Roast Plus 8. I am down to my last 20# of green beans, so will have to start looking at beans again. What is your favorite bean?
Poss