Monday, July 7, 2008

It's not as much fun without Colleen. It's not!

Today we went to Tesuque and Santa Fe on an art quest.

We started at Shidoni where we enjoyed the art but didn't get anything for ourselves. Jerry got Peggy a bronze pea pod. On our way to Shidoni we thought of Colleen.

We browsed a bit at Tesuque Glass Works but, again, left empty handed.

Then we headed to Canyon Road.

I'm glad I wore my sneakers instead of my worn out flip-flops. We went up and down the road browsing in gallery after gallery for nearly six hours (with stops for lunch and tea). My feet got tired. Jerry bought a glass piece that has a pretty matte finish and some wonderful colors that come from some metals that the artist includes in his secret formula glass.

Other than that we got only ideas in case we return from Taos without any new acquisitions. If we don't find good stuff in Taos, we'll go back to Santa Fe on Wednesday. Maybe we'll even find time to go to the plaza.