Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stirring controversy

The videos I post to my blog through YouTube are available for the world to see. People all over the world have seen my little films and some of them take the time to make comments.

My Black and Tan movie has gotten three comments from the world. Two of them came about 20 minutes apart this afternoon. The comments I've gotten for it are (one is slightly edited for sensitive eyes):
  • F**king awesome
  • HERETIC! You can only make a real B&T with Guinness. You're hereby banished from me pub, blackheart!
  • Murphys Is way better then guinness!! Nice pours. whats the bottom beer?
(The last two came in rapid succession.) This movie is getting about five views each day. It's going viral!

I've gotten comments on my How to See "Dial" from Inside the Bar of Soap contribution to WikiHow. Some people just aren't impressed. The comments on that how to are:
  • Cool.
  • ummm. interesting. kinda pointless tho...
  • Who the h-e- double hockey sticks would do this? for entertainment? That is so sad, i'm going to cry!
I made somebody cry! That makes me sad.

But the how to has been improved by others. Somebody added links to related wikiHows and another added to the list of Things You'll Need. I had listed only two or more bars of Dial soap. Somebody added "water to wash in." Somebody else shortened that to simply "water."

It appears that the instructions for seeing the backside of "Dial" are important enough to improve. I'm feeling better now.

Though not controversial, one of my Blendtec Blender movies got a comment just hours after I posted it. I'm told "that is an amazing blender." It seems Blendtec Blender videos are popular. Mine have had many views and will be catching up with the Black and Tan movie soon.

By the way, I added annotations to my Blendtec movies. I added bubbles that tell my viewers what ingredients are going into the blender and tips on what I did that I shouldn't have. You can watch them again if you want to know what goes into the smoothie, tomato cheese soup, and blueberry ice cream.

2 comments:

Poss said...

Maybe you will have a second career in the near future. Does NCR,BEA,ATT... need a filmographer?

RetroMag said...

I'm really proud of my internationally acclaimed movie producer/star/director son!