Saturday, July 12, 2008

Will it blend?

While I was in Los Alamos a couple of years ago we were showing one another our favorite online videos. I contributed Marilyn Horne singing "C is for Cookie." Peggy and Bobbie enjoyed the alien singing "I Will Survive."

Then Peggy pointed me to Will it blend? We get to see Tom Dickson blend fun things like:
The real demonstrations of the Blendtec blender's abilities made it sound like a nice appliance to have. I sort of wanted one ever since but not so much that I'd get one without seeing it in action.

We went shopping at Costco today. They had a Blendtec Blender roadshow going on. It was much like the hawkers at the county fair. But I was pretty much sold before listening to his spiel. But seeing it actually make several parts of a meal without much to clean up between courses made it seem more attractive.

We came home with our new gadget!

We used it for four treats already. And for your time-wasting pleasure, here are videos of our four uses. Prepare to be bored to tears!

Fresh Fruit Smoothie
Our first try was smoothies. This one was made of grapes, strawberries (with the nutritious hulls included!), watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple (with the core), banana, and ice.

We need to learn to measure better. Overfilling the blender doesn't help.

Watermelon Lemonade
Jerry made us lemonade to drink with supper using a recipe from Martha Stewart's "Everyday Food." It was made of lemons, mint leaves, brown sugar, watermelon juice, and vodka. It was good. Here's Jerry making the juice.

Oops! Overfilled again!

Tomato Cheese Soup
For supper we made some soup. It was made of a tomato, some onion, grated cheddar cheese, tomato paste, vegetable bouillon and hot water. It ended up being 145°. It heats things up with friction.

I forgot that the hole in the lid needs to be opened and covered.

Blueberry Ice Cream
For dessert we had ice cream. It was made of soy milk, frozen blueberries, sugar, vanilla, and ice. The same machine that makes soup hot makes ice cream. Go figure!

Overfilled once again but a bit of shaking loosened it up! (Update: Oops! RTFM! Don't shake the blender! Stop it and loosen the material and restart it. We'll learn.)

It will take some time to get the hang of this machine. I hope we use it a lot. It fits under the cabinets so it can stay out and beg to be used.

New poll!

Poll Results
Light Sticks: 2
Bic Lighters: 1
Easy Cheese: 2
Light Bulbs: 0
iPhone 3G: 0

It's a tie!

5 comments:

P-Doobie said...

I would use one every day!

BobbieS53 said...

I may just have to get one, too. Looks like it has my sunbeam beat hands down! Maybe I should blend my old one...

BobbieS53 said...

I forgot to thank you for putting the alien song link on your blog. I watched it again. I love it so much.

RetroMag said...

That looks like a realy fun machine. Does it wash itself after use?

Poss said...

nicc looking food you have there.