Saturday, February 2, 2008

Jerry's being a jerk!

Remember the food dehydrator story from last weekend? The full name of the dehydrator is "Nesco American Harvest Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator and Jerky Maker." Today it is living up to its jerky making ability. It's made jerky once before. That time Jerry used some spices on it and that filled the house with a peppery aroma. Today's batch was marinated in teriyaki sauce and that's not masking the meatiness as much. Oh, well.

I understand that the jerky turned out pretty good. I'll take Jerry's word for it. I hope he enjoys this round.

2 comments:

BobbieS53 said...

Jerry is not a Jerk! He likes that jerky! We have a food dehydrator (somewhere...can't remember the safe place I put it) and I tried jerky. Our house gets all smelly with food odors and sometimes at night they linger and I can't get to sleep from smelling them. Anyway, I made the jerky in the garage with the dehydrator on top of the freezer to keep the smells out of the house. Whew! That was long winded! Enjoy the jerky, Jerry!

Poss said...

I'll see if the Missus has the recipe that went over so well at the VA. The staff was totally gaga for the stuff.
It would have to be a garage activity if it were done at my house. Oh...I don't have a garage.