Saturday, March 15, 2008

I want to just stay at home for a while

After we saw "Peter Grimes," we went shopping at the Viejas Outlet Center. I needed some new pants. One pair I liked got torn when I was taking one of my lunchtime walks with my GPS doo-dad and tripped when I was looking at where I was going on the map rather than actually watching where I was going.

It's always fun to go shopping with Jerry when I'm the one on the mission. He ends up getting a lot more things than I do. Good thing Costco had a coupon for a box of 50 wooden hangars this week. They're going to be put to use by this little shopping excursion.

After we finished shopping we needed coffee. So we stopped in El Cajon to go to a Starbucks we knew we could find. But we left the freeway one exit too early. So we were heading down a cross street to get to the street we should have gone to in the first place. As we were cruising down this street we saw somebody pull out of a parking lot in front of a car coming from the other direction. They collided. The car that caused the accident was spun around and the car that was hit had its airbags deploy. The victims' car didn't even have permanent license plates yet. What a bummer.

The people who caused the wreck took off. Somebody went after them and got some of the license plate number.

So Jerry and I hung around in case the cops needed our story. It was raining and hailed for a while. So we got cold and wet. The cops finally showed up after about a half hour and talked to the witnesses who stayed. We finally made it to Starbucks.

I parked but noticed that the spot was painted with blue stripes so, not wanting to get in trouble with the law, decided I ought to move the car. I backed out of the spot and tried to get into a spot on the street side of the lot. That was going to involve backing up a bit. I backed into a car that had pulled up behind me. Our bumpers got little scratches.

The other driver decided that if I gave him some money we could avoid talking to insurance companies. I took him up on his offer.

We had a little cash left after this incident, got our coffee and came home. I just want to get under my blankie and whimper for a while.

7 comments:

BobbieS53 said...

I don't blame you for wanting to get under cover(s). I once had a wreck that involved two of my own cars. It was raining one day when I got home from work in my big damn (blue) truck . I lived on 48th street at the time and I parked my cars across the street. I still had my Z-car and it was parked on the parking pad, so I was backing onto the dirt beside the pad and a car was coming down the street, so I got in a hurry to park and didn't watch my side mirror. When I finally looked, I saw the top of the Z rocking a little. YIKES! I backed into it and left a huger dent/scrap down the drivers side. Bummer. I never did report it to the insurance. How do you tell them you were in a two car accident and they were both your cars!

Poss said...

I've been told that coffee is not good for you.
A nap sounds like a good solution.

BobbieS53 said...

Wow! What a plate of shrimp. Poss and I replied at the same time!

Anonymous said...

"It never rains but it pours." Or hails. What a couple of lousy esxperiences.

Colleen said...

True, naps are good for you, but those who say coffee is bad for you have no grounds for their belief.

Chuckbert said...

I, too, don't understand the claim about coffee being not good for me. All living things need coffee.

"Grounds"! Ha, ha!

Shoe said...

Hope today has been better, chuckbert