Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tristan und Isolde

There were no incidents in today's performance of Tristan und Isolde that will be put in Mishaps at the Opera books. I enjoyed it a lot. All of the performers did great jobs.

It took me a while to get used to their using multiple images. They'd show the long shot of the stage in one image and close-ups of the singers in others. I've wished they'd show the long shots more often so I guess this solves the problem of satisfying people like me who want to see the big picture and satisfying the people who what to see up the singers nostrils.

And they tried to liven up this Park and Bark opera by making these close-up images move around the screen when there was no real action on the stage. That was too much for me. But I was there to hear the music so that didn't really matter much.

It lasted nearly five and a half hours. It felt like about twenty minutes. It must have been good.

0 comments: